cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Deployment VM Sizing

NETAD
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I’m deploying 2 ISE nodes and going with large (3595 VM). I want to make the hard disk on each VM at 1TB. Can I do this prior to installing ISE after I import the ova? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I havent tried this myself and to be honest I probably wouldnt go this way either.

As you know .ova files are intended to provide a fixed set of resources for your deployment (like a template)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide24/b_ise_InstallationGuide24_chapter_01.html

If your looking to re-sizing your VM then your better off using the .iso file and allocating resources manually.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I havent tried this myself and to be honest I probably wouldnt go this way either.

As you know .ova files are intended to provide a fixed set of resources for your deployment (like a template)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide24/b_ise_InstallationGuide24_chapter_01.html

If your looking to re-sizing your VM then your better off using the .iso file and allocating resources manually.

Thank you so much.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you want a custom hard disk size the you have to install from the ISO. Just mimic the template resource reservations for the 3595 and boot it from the ISO.

If you already have an OVA deployed, you can either expand the disk, then reinstall with the ISO, or delete the disk creating a new one, then installing from the ISO. The only supported way of expanding the disk involves a reinstall from the ISO.

There is a backdoor way of expanding an ISE disk, but it is not officially support by ISE or from ADE OS. I wont cover this process here, but it is out there on the internet.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: