cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE distribute deploy questions, 10 nodes, can deploy mix PAN and Mnt ?

BAOHUA
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team 

Just want to know about ISE distribute deploy questions. 

Environments:

1. Almost 150k endpoints 
  2. Ten 3595 ISE appliances 

The question is that we plan to distribute deploy ISE ,2 for PAN&MnT ,2 for PxGrid, 6 for PSN , no profiling so far . Is this deployment validated? What is the best practices in this requirement? If will enable profiling in the future, whether the MnT should be dedicate deploy ? 

I only saw this 

ise-deploy screenshot.png

as I marked in yellow . Does it means when PAN and Mnt on same node that the dedicate PSN will only maximum 5 PSNs ?  as I marked in blue , Does it means we should deploy role node by dedicate when we want to deploy PSN exceed 5 nodes ? as i asked , whether we can't mix PAN and MnT  when  want to deploy 6 PSNs ?

Any feedback will be appreciate . 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your picture won't load for me, but what you proposed is not a supported deployment model. A hybrid design with the PAN/MNT personas collocated on the same two nodes has a max of 5 PSNs.

So as you were already suspecting, if you want 6 PSN's and 2 PXG nodes, then you have to have your PAN and MNT personas on different nodes, a dedicated deployment.
You would have a total of 12 nodes;
2x PAN (HA)
2x MNT (HA)
6x PSN
2x PXG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your picture won't load for me, but what you proposed is not a supported deployment model. A hybrid design with the PAN/MNT personas collocated on the same two nodes has a max of 5 PSNs.

So as you were already suspecting, if you want 6 PSN's and 2 PXG nodes, then you have to have your PAN and MNT personas on different nodes, a dedicated deployment.
You would have a total of 12 nodes;
2x PAN (HA)
2x MNT (HA)
6x PSN
2x PXG

Many thanks

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I don't see your picture.
You can check the following link: https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-performance-amp-scale/ta-p/3642148#toc-hId--1312516075

You'll see your design isn't supported.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question