Helpful
Replies

ISE doesn't accept Admin user's email address with 2 level domain hierarchy

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

ISE 2.4 patch 2

I tried creating a local ISE Admin user and when I entered the email address, ISE complains that the email address is invalid

e.g. joe.bloggs@some.domain

but ISE accepts a three-level domain such as

joe.bloggs@some.domain.com

This is not normal ...

2 Replies 2

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was able to reproduce this , seems that ISE will not accept more then 3 Characters on the top level domain.

Please raise a case with TAC.

For me to raise yet another TAC case is a grand waste of my time.  It's not just a case of a 5 min job.  It's hours down the drain again trying to explain inane things like this to TAC engineers and getting on WebEx calls and such like.  You have no idea man.  Since you're Cisco employee can you please do a topic search and see whether this is a known issue?  I have spent hundreds of hours of pro-bono quality assurance time this year raising TAC cases on stupid issues like this.  I should be on the payroll quite honestly.  Or Cisco should have a bug bounty - that might inspire me to work even harder.  Isn't it good enough that customers/partners are raising these issues in the first place?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: