cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE email Alerts

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

Why is ISE not sending email alerts based on Admin user settings ? I have added admin accounts and ticked the option to include "system alarms in emails". This is not working. However, if I goto the Alarms Settings > Alarm Notifications and add the email addresses there, I get email alerts! Also, is there a way to send only emails for Alerts which have a syslog severity Warning and Above? For example, I really don't want to see emails every time there is a configuration change but I do want to syslog that so I don't want to disable the Alert.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please use the feedback link in ISE to provide your inputs on alarm notifications based on severity to our product management team.

If only a handful of alarms that you do not want to see in emails, then specify a black-holed recipient email address at the alarm rule level to overrides that in the global settings.

As to the tick box in each admin user, it seems a legacy option that is now redundant and should probably be removed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

you can enable email alert for particular alarms, let's say only critical severity alarms under Administration->System->Settings->Alarm settings->Alarm configurations->Select the particular alarm for which you need to get email alert. Edit & mention the mail id inside the alarm.In this case you will get syslogs for all the alarms & mail alert for only particular alarms.

Image 2.png

If you mail alert for all the alerts, you can mention the mail id under Administration->System->Settings->Alarm settings->Alarm notification

Thanks,

Aravind

-Aravind

Hi. I am aware of that but there are 165 Alerts in 2.3 ISE. I would have expected a better solution for control of email alerting based on severity. I still have the problem of emails not working based on tickbox option against each adminitstrator account I've setup.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please use the feedback link in ISE to provide your inputs on alarm notifications based on severity to our product management team.

If only a handful of alarms that you do not want to see in emails, then specify a black-holed recipient email address at the alarm rule level to overrides that in the global settings.

As to the tick box in each admin user, it seems a legacy option that is now redundant and should probably be removed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: