cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Express Cloud Option

Fahad Siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Company is moving data center to the cloud, looking at AWS at the moment and exploring other options. What are my options of migrating ISE Express to some cloud infrastructure? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can run ISE on VMware cloud in AWS which would be the same as running ISE within on premise/traditional DC VMware. There is no ISE as a service available via cloud providers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can run ISE on VMware cloud in AWS which would be the same as running ISE within on premise/traditional DC VMware. There is no ISE as a service available via cloud providers.

Thank you for the reply, do you know of any use cases out there that has been documented. Would like to see how they migrated their infrastructure and see if there were any caveats.

Thank you  

Unfortunately I have not seen any documented uses of this and It's completely hypothetical due to this. Maybe someone on the Cisco team knows of a deployment in AWS. VMware cloud in AWS isn't a cheap option, I suspect most would go with ISE SNS appliances prior to considering this.

The design of ISE in VMware cloud really wouldn't be any different than if you hosted it in your own data centers VMware. You still need to plan for deployment latency, NAD to ISE authentication latency, WAN/data center outages and critical auth. The larger piece would be the directory services ISE leverages, so long as you have ldap or traditional AD, then you wouldn't even notice.

So maybe one day we will see ISE in a SAAS type format, but nothing for now.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: