Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE guest javascript for success page with auto redirect on countdown

Federico Ziliotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

A customer has a guest CWA portal with auto redirect to www.google.com on success.

However, they are running into a corner case with Android endpoints, where an Android smartphone starts trying to reach google.com too quickly, when the CoA has not finished yet. As a result, the redirection on success fails and end users have the impression of a failed/timed out connection even if they are correctly authenticated.

We were thinking about implementing a standard Authentication Success page, which usually should not automatically redirect, but by also injecting a javascript in the portal's Optional Content, to actually automatically redirect to google.com with a countdown (possibly showing that countdown too). This may give enough time for the CoA to kick in, and only after few seconds the automatic redirection would be triggered.

Is such a javascript feasible and does anyone maybe know how to implement it?

Thank you in advance,

Federico

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I thought I had one from before but can’t find it, investigating. I think it is possible

Thanks Jason, I was positive too about its feasibility, but could not find any previous examples. Please feel free to let me know when you'll have more details. Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: