Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest Portal - Terms and Conditions directed to web server

Martin Jelinek
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Is anyone able to tell/advice me how to change behavior or "built-in" URL link called "Please read the terms and conditions." so it is not redirected to ISE built-in page but to my specific location (dedicated web server running IIS,...)? I'd like to simply have someone clicks on "built-in" URL to be redirected to my own URL "myurl.com" hosting Terms and Conditions.

Only what I can do is to add link on built-in page which is one additional click which seems to be not a very user friendly.

Thanks a lot for any hint.

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Perhaps I need more information on how this would work for you. Can you please ellaborate?

Please try to add the below script in Login Page of Customization and let us know whether it works as expected.

Please use the below script for Login, Self Registration and Self Registration Success pages.

Ex: Page Customization > Login > Optional Content 2

Please replace the google.com with respective URL .

<script>
    setTimeout(function() {
        $('a').each(function(){
            if($(this)[0].text.toLowerCase().indexOf("terms and conditions") !== -1){
                $(this).attr('href', 'https://www.google.com').attr('target','_blank');
            }
        })
    }, 1000);
</script>

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There is a possibility we might be able to have some javascript that could open an external page. Would that work?

Hi Jason,

It might be working. Do you have such script and guide to which content field it should be added? 

Thanks for an update.

Just simple thing but it is not built-in within ISE, so javascript might be only option.

Martin 

OK investigating

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Perhaps I need more information on how this would work for you. Can you please ellaborate?

Please try to add the below script in Login Page of Customization and let us know whether it works as expected.

Please use the below script for Login, Self Registration and Self Registration Success pages.

Ex: Page Customization > Login > Optional Content 2

Please replace the google.com with respective URL .

<script>
    setTimeout(function() {
        $('a').each(function(){
            if($(this)[0].text.toLowerCase().indexOf("terms and conditions") !== -1){
                $(this).attr('href', 'https://www.google.com').attr('target','_blank');
            }
        })
    }, 1000);
</script>

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot, it seems to be working, but only in first page called "Login", but Terms and Condition link is also available during self-registration process and therefore on page called "Self-Registration" & "Self-Registration Success" and there code doesn't work if apllied in Optional content 2.

Is there a difference which can be adjusted to be applied there as well?

Thanks for hint.

Martin

researching

Hi Jason,

Any luck so far? I've been trying couple of things but none of them worked.

Thank you very much for your advice!

i updated the code in my response can you check again

Hi Jason,

It's working like a charm! Thanks a lot for your prompt help!

Have a nice week.

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: