Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE License Out of Compliance

lscarbor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Team, 

I have a partner that is provisioning the smart license portal for a customer. The customer purchased ISE last year before we changed how we licensed, so they received the traditional PAK key. The customer’s ISE installation is configured for Smart Licensing. The partner was able to assign the license to the smart account; however, the problem is the license never appears in their smart portal and their license usage still shows out of compliance.

Any thoughts or ideas on why this might be happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kegagnon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are targeting better messaging in ISE 2.4 p5 that will help. The screen is showing the licensing was out of compliance in the last 60 days. Once 60 days have passed, the message will go away. Operations should be continuing unabated. The message is irritating but cosmetic assuming that operations are continuing unabated for you.

Best Regards, Kevin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paul
Level 10
Level 10

If they have multiple virtual accounts running in their Smart Dashboard they have to make sure the license was assigned to the same one ISE is registered to.  You can also contact licensing@cisco.com to have them look at it as well.

kegagnon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are targeting better messaging in ISE 2.4 p5 that will help. The screen is showing the licensing was out of compliance in the last 60 days. Once 60 days have passed, the message will go away. Operations should be continuing unabated. The message is irritating but cosmetic assuming that operations are continuing unabated for you.

Best Regards, Kevin

hi

I have upgraded to ise 2.4 patch5 and the message is the same, not improved at all

I still see not in compliance error message even if in smart registration license panel I see "in compliance"

still some license issues ... hard to tell customer "yes please wait for 60days and you will see ... "

Hi

Even with the latest version of ISE 2.7 the symptom with the License Warning for 60 days is still the same and still not fixed. I switches yesterday to Smart Licensing and get this License Warning since yesterday. Now I am going to monitor and wait for this warning to automatically go away in 60 days.

anthonylofreso
Level 4
Level 4

Providing some general feedback on this topic...

We've had many issues with the smart license portal. Unless there is a requirement to use the portal, we will typically avoid doing so.

We moved our controllers to RTU licensing a few months ago, after realizing 20 days into the 60 day trial license that Smart Licensing was not functioning appropriately. Sounds like poor rigor on our part, but from the portal perspective, we would see AP licenses get consumed as we added them. However, once we dug into the WLC gui, it was clear we were hitting bug CSCvc62540.

TaniaVLGermany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
one of our customers is receiving this message and is now concerned about it.
Is there any severe issue regarding the license functioning, do we have any action here?

base licesene out of comoliance.png