Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE license rehost process

jinapark
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone,

I have a customer who wants to migrate their old ISE3315 and ACS1113 to the newest ISE VM and would like to check the license rehosting process.

I checked the license rehost process from the link below,

How Do I Rehost My Existing ISE License(s) onto a New or Different Appliance or VM?

What the customer want to do is, they want  to build the VM to register against the PAKs (And rehost the base licence), and then they can configure them whilst the physical appliances are still in use. Is it possible to use their old ISE 3315 even after they rehost the license to the new VM? They are trying to minimize the impact of this migration, so want to run the two alongside the existing.

Thank you.

Jina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it is possible. Also, when you install new ISE VM, it will activate 90 day eval license on the new environment which can be used interim.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it is possible. Also, when you install new ISE VM, it will activate 90 day eval license on the new environment which can be used interim.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: