Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE License Transfer

tolarosa@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have a customer that will be wiping out their existing ISE VM's and would like to rebuild/implement their ISE VM environment with new ISE VM OVA's.  How do we transfer their exiting licenses over to the new ISE VM's?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

One other alternative is to use Smart Licensing.  When you do that then you never have to worry about this re-homing stuff ever again.  Very useful when you plan to rebuild your deployment as opposed to upgrading it.

In fairness, with Smart Licensing you would need to re-register the ISE deployment to Smart portal, but that's a lot easier than re-homing licences and downloading files.

Just a thought.

100% agree with Smart Licensing.  Any time I am rebuilding a customer's ISE deployment (which is every upgrade) I tell them to work with licensing@cisco.com to convert their traditional licenses to Smart Licenses and we register their new deployment to their Smart account.

If i have a evaluation license (90days) and after this expire i have more 40 days (if my license exceed the limit and consider that im out of compliance). So, after that i enable the smartlicense, the ise renew more 90 days and show a new date to out of compliance right? 
So the question is... After my Ise took place to out of compliance, and this stage i didnt configure the proxy to internet, so I lost the Admin GUI access... 
There´s a way to configure a proxy via cli to enable smart license to gain more days until ise place again out of compliance?

No way to configure proxy via cli. I think you need to get hold of TAC for some back door access. Unless you have a config Backup? Rebuild the node and restore config backup. That resets the veal to 90 days again. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: