cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Register for the monthly ISE Webinars to learn about ISE configuration and deployment.
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISE Live Log Network Devices

I've noticed in my live logs that my WLC's consistently show as the authenticator for users, but when I have an authentication for a wired user it will show the port the user is connected to, but not the hostname for the device. Anyone know why that would be?

Thanks

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Participant

Re: ISE Live Log Network Devices

In 2.4 I am able to see the network device name ( as configured in ISE not the hostname) and the device port for 802.1x wired authentications. 

However, when an auth is repeated with the same results it will omit the network device information in the live log view. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. I would check the repeat counter in the live logs or the details of the session to see if that is the case. 

2 REPLIES 2
Participant

In 2.4 I am able to see the network device name ( as configured in ISE not the hostname) and the device port for 802.1x wired authentications. 

However, when an auth is repeated with the same results it will omit the network device information in the live log view. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. I would check the repeat counter in the live logs or the details of the session to see if that is the case. 

Beginner

I've been running this since 2013, and never noticed that. Hilarious. I reset the counter and I started to see some switches come in. Thanks bud.