Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE patches - Safe to remove old ones?

Is it recommended to remove old ISE patches? Cisco states that,"Patches are cumulative such that any patch version also includes all fixes delivered in the preceding patch versions." I've just installed Patch 8 for 2.4 and would like to remove the old Patch 5 if possible.

version.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Just leave them alone, there is not harm, patch 8 would have overwrote anything else regardless so there is no impact in the system

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
In order to do this you would have to remove patch 8, then remove patch 5, then install patch 8 again. It's not a process I would recommend unless there is a specific need.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Just leave them alone, there is not harm, patch 8 would have overwrote anything else regardless so there is no impact in the system

I have been meaning to ask this question for some time now - glad someone beat me to it.  I have been deleting the files from the CLI of the nodes - that's as far as you can go.  There is no other user accessible "cleanup" to remove old stuff.  Rebuilding a PAN is the only way I know to get rid of legacy patches.

I have poked around the Linux filesystem though and noticed that the old patch files are lying around.  Removing them makes a VM a lot smaller (after you compress the VM with vm-tools).  I am not advocating this for production systems - but for labs where SSD is scarce, I remove all the junk lying around (including upgrade files, patch files and old logs). 

I like my house tidy :-)