cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE-PIC SYSLOG Provider

eaaronseth
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to ISE-PIC. I am trying to use the SYSLOG provider function of ISE-PIC to capture username to IP mappings. I have 2 providers set up. 1 is a custom template and the other is the built in F5 VPN template. I see the log messages making it to my ISE-PIC demo server using the tcpdump feature in the Troubleshooting section. I never see anything in "Live Sessions". Everything looks good in the "Test Template" when I paste in a sample log message. All of my providers have an up status. I have added the custom header that pulls out the providers IP. I'm not sure what I'm missing. Is there anything else I need to do to get ISE-PIC to accept the data that I'm sending? This is running the Eval license on version 2.4. Any insight would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Does the F5 VPN template work for you without the custom header? One thing to check is that DNS is set up correctly. Even reverse lookup. Incorrectly configured DNS records (or the lack of them) can cause issues.

Regards,
-Tim

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Does the F5 VPN template work for you without the custom header? One thing to check is that DNS is set up correctly. Even reverse lookup. Incorrectly configured DNS records (or the lack of them) can cause issues.

Regards,
-Tim