cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Register for the monthly ISE Webinars to learn about ISE configuration and deployment.
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
VIP Advocate

ISE Profiling Without DHCP Snooping

I have a new ISE POC going and was testing ISE/dot1x functionality without DHCP snooping. In past deployments the customers have either been open to enabling snooping, or already had it in use.  Before saying it is a hard requirement, I have taken a minimalist approach testing without snooping. DHCP information is expectantly missing from the device sensor cache, but so far everything works as it should.  

ISE is still receiving DHCP information via IP helpers, and the authentication sessions still have an IP assigned presumably via IP device tracking.  

Some docs say snooping is optional, other say it's mandatory.  With the combination of IP helpers and IP device tracking, what would we miss if DHCP snooping wasn't implemented to enable the DHCP device sensor?  

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rising star

Re: ISE Profiling Without DHCP Snooping

2 REPLIES 2
Rising star

VIP Advisor

With the combi of tracking and helper, dhcp snooping won't add to the
information as you already got what you want. I have configured as you