cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Reporting - Last Time Device Logged Into Network

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I have some data purging setup to automatically purge devices when they are inactive for so long.  I would like a report that will show me a list of statically profiled devices that are coming close to being purged or have not logged into the network in so many days.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

You can get such a report by running the "Get All Endpoints" option from PAN CLI "application configure ise" or using the ISE Endpoint Analysis Tool (EAT) from iseeat.cisco.com

/Craig

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

You can get such a report by running the "Get All Endpoints" option from PAN CLI "application configure ise" or using the ISE Endpoint Analysis Tool (EAT) from iseeat.cisco.com

/Craig

I will give this a try!

Thank you for the reply and your time!

I updated this as the correct answer.  I am not a Cisco employee so I had to use the Get all Endpoints option.  However, that option has the info I need.  Thanks again!!!

You don't need to be a Cisco employee to download EAT, but you do need to register with a valid company address.  We ask this to ensure we have actual customers leveraging the tool. If used a personal email account, you will be denied access.  If still unable to register, let me know and I will try to track down the registration request.

Thank you for the response.  So, I was able to download the tool.  However, it seemed like doing the full export was better.  Is the tool supposed to provide valuable insight into the database? I was failing to see the benefit of the tool.

Thanks,

Alex

Both options export endpoint database details.  If you were able to get the info you were looking for via the tools, then apparently have already proved their value.  The use of tools are optional so no worries if not requiring the additional info. However, many customers have requested full access to endpoint details without having to individually drill down one endpoint at a time from UI.  Export options from Admin UI or API do not provide this level of detail.  Granted not all data is useful for most purposes, but can certainly be filtered to liking.  Once in a CSV format, the data can be mined, charted, filtered, sorted as you like.  I have found the tools indispensable for profiling and other use cases.

I have since used the tool for profiling and it was beneficial.  I used the match policy column to move some of the statically configured devices over to different profiles.  Thanks, again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: