Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE REST API Query

nadeekha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

A customer of mine is trying to integrate their home grown Identity Management system with ISE via REST API's. They want to test passing MAC address info to the ISE Database using the API's. The developer has come to me asking for the below information. She wants to know what the groupID, IdentityStore, IdentityStoreId, portaluser, profileId information will be. I have no experience with this so hoping someone can help me understand what info i need to provide her. She is saying that she needs to test creating this MAC in an appropriate group in ISE. I don't know what the groupId or IdentityStoreid value would be in my ISE deployment. Is it just the storename or a numerical value?

" This is Sri from IMS, I was trying to play a bit with the test URI that Nadeem sent over and was wondering if you can guide me as to what values need to be sent for groupId , IdentitystoreId, profileId etc, I just want to send in some valid values to test the API call. Please let me know if I need to contact someone else on this. Thank you.

<groupId>groupId</groupId>

<identityStore>identityStore</identityStore>

<identityStoreId>identityStoreId</identityStoreId>

<mac>00:01:02:03:04:05</mac>

<portalUser>portalUser</portalUser>

<profileId>profileId</profileId>

"

Thanks in advance

Nadeem Khan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

I always recommend performing GET first on existing endpoints to better understand expected syntax for PUT and POST operations.  Ids reference internal identifiers so first retrieve lists of ID Groups, Profiles, and ID Stores to learn matching internal Id used for other API operations.

/Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

I always recommend performing GET first on existing endpoints to better understand expected syntax for PUT and POST operations.  Ids reference internal identifiers so first retrieve lists of ID Groups, Profiles, and ID Stores to learn matching internal Id used for other API operations.

/Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: