Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE scaling question for 400k endpoints

rmueller@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

quick question about scaling with ISE 2.1 and 3595-Appliances: According to documentation a 3595-Appliance can serve up to 40.000 concurrent active endpoints. So if I had a pure centralized deployment (all in one datacenter) and if I had perfect distribution of the sessions 10 PSNs would be (in theory) good to serve 400k endpoints. Practically, we have to consider unequal distribution of sessions and redundancy as well of course.

Am I right with this assumption? What I would like to know if we can count on linear scaleability at that point.

Thanks in advance.

Roland

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes see Deployment Size and Scaling Recommendations Cisco Identity Services Engine Hardware Installation Guide, Release 2.1 - Network Deployments in Cisco ISE [Cisco Ident…

This should be done behind Load Balancers to allow more control, ease of deploying more PSNs, ability to take them offline for maintenance, also will help with redundancy for N+1 scenario

I don't understand your linear question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes see Deployment Size and Scaling Recommendations Cisco Identity Services Engine Hardware Installation Guide, Release 2.1 - Network Deployments in Cisco ISE [Cisco Ident…

This should be done behind Load Balancers to allow more control, ease of deploying more PSNs, ability to take them offline for maintenance, also will help with redundancy for N+1 scenario

I don't understand your linear question

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: