cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Server initial set up

Joe Della Valle
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the initial set up of a secondary ISE server and need to go back to the user name field and change it, how do I go back? Is the a key stroke to do that?

Currently the cursor is in the Password field and I need to go back the the user name field.

Thanks..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alex_dufresne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is not really any way to go back during the initial setup. Have you tried simply restarting the VM? 

Alternatively, you could just rename the user once the setup is done. Although, it's much easier to simply restart the setup from scratch.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

alex_dufresne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is not really any way to go back during the initial setup. Have you tried simply restarting the VM? 

Alternatively, you could just rename the user once the setup is done. Although, it's much easier to simply restart the setup from scratch.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Control+C will restart the setup script again. You can't go back but you can start over assuming you haven't completed it.

You can also change the username from the CLI after the setup has completed.

Wow, I didn't know that one could simply Ctrl-C out of the setup script!

I assumed that it was suppressed or discouraged, since there is a warning later on about not using interrupts (such as when the script builds the database).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: