Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Sponsor help link

nathy1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

Is it possible to change the URL of the help link from the ISE sponsor portal.

By default it is: https://ise.myportal.com:8445/sponsorportal/help/b_spons_SponsorPortalUserGuide_en_us.html

If not, can I remove the help link from the site and also from the upper right menu.

ISE version 2.2 patch9

Regards,

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Have you allowed scripting per the customization Guide? This was just validated in October to work

View solution in original post

I will check on this and get back with you

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are a lot of great examples how to hide buttons etc. But I don't know how to change the URL of the help link or hide the help link on the upper right menu. See print screen.

Checking on this. I could have sworn we had something but can’t find it..

Try using this video to identify the link and then try to hide with javascript examples
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-videos/how-to-hide-items-from-the-ise-sponsor-portal-page/ba-p/3668030

Great example. Thank you!

Would be great, if there is a possibility to change to URL of the help link.

See my comment I have posted an example on another page

Hi Jason,

I've read your article:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-sponsor-portal-customization-general-information/ta-p/3724477

However are you sure it works?

I have enter it under below path and running ISE 2.2 Patch12:

Sponsor Portals > [Sponsor portal] > Portal Page Customization > Portal Access > Login > Optional Content 2

But no luck to HIDE or change URL. It still points to the default one.

Also there is a HELP link on the landing page as a page footer but also HELP button in section once sponsor is logged in when you click on the name in right upper corner. 

Can you please confirm I have placed script into right section and that it actually works with ISE2.2 P12 ? I have no luck so far to change URL of the HELP to something else (internal).

Thank you

Martin

Have you allowed scripting per the customization Guide? This was just validated in October to work

Hi Jason,

Yes, Javascript is allowed according to given guideline:

ScriptEnabled.png

Thank you.

Martin

Hi Jason,

I tried to verify that Javascript works with ISE2.2 Patch12 and therefore I used yours example "Exercise 1: Mini-editor move “Don’t have an account” to top of page using JavaScript" and that worked pretty fine, just copy/paste and it worked.

However when I try to hide HELP link or to change URL to something else as described above it doesn't work. I tried to remove also leading indents/spaces into HTML toggle editor but no luck.

Any idea what else to check/test?

Thank you

I will check on this and get back with you

I am working with developers on this for Monday hope to have a working solution
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: