Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE to cross-check MAC address from SCCM to allow (temp) network access

baysat
Level 1
Level 1

Task is:

New native client data is entered into SCCM and client needs access to the network in order to download patches etc. until the 802.X1 certificate is installed, which is the prime network access condition.

ISE will detect an unknown MAC address without a certificate and should then connect to SCCM and cross-check the existence of the MAC address in order to allow access without a certificate. (may be even just for a limited period)

I presume it can be done with a script using the API?
Can not find any documentation how this could be done.

Hints are welcome

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you mean authenticating the endpoint from SCCM database? if yes, this is not supported 

Thanks,

Nidhi

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you mean authenticating the endpoint from SCCM database? if yes, this is not supported 

Thanks,

Nidhi

Yes, the idea was to cross-check the existence of the MAC in SCCM or even import client data e.g. MAC Address from SCCM.

I was hoping this would have been possible by now, since other data can be retrieved from SCCM

Can you confirm that ISE can not at least import MAC adresses from SCCM ?

I thought this was implemented

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks,

Nidhi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: