Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE with DNA-C integration

Malrawas@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gents,  

One of my customers has the ISE servers below and currently in the phase of SDA deployment:

- 2 nodes 3495 running 2.3 patch 1,4, personas Admin, MnT and PSN  --- in the main site  
- 1 node 3495, persona PSN -- in DR site  
- 1 node 3515, persona PSN -- in remote site  
- 1 node 3595, persona PSN -- in new building site  

In total, there are about 3000 end users. APEX and PLUS licenses are available on the ISE cluster.  

We want to enable pxGrid to integrate with DNA Center. In the ISE installation guide, link below, table 2, it states that we can enable it for (Standalone - All personas) with max. 2 subscribers  
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-3/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide23/b_ise_InstallationGuide23_chapter_00.pdf  

- Is there any licensing concern?

- Is that enough for the DNA Center?  
Is there any concerns about running pxGrid along with all the personas on the primary node (same appliance)?  
what is the best way to proceed here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will want 2 dedicated nodes for pxGrid.  You can only have 2 pxGrid node per ISE deployment using pxGrid 1.0, which is what DNA-C is using.  They will be in Active/Standby scenario.   For pxGrid licensing, if you have 3,000 base licenses, you will need 3,000 plus licenses for pxGrid.

If you have additional questions, please email me directly.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will want 2 dedicated nodes for pxGrid.  You can only have 2 pxGrid node per ISE deployment using pxGrid 1.0, which is what DNA-C is using.  They will be in Active/Standby scenario.   For pxGrid licensing, if you have 3,000 base licenses, you will need 3,000 plus licenses for pxGrid.

If you have additional questions, please email me directly.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: