Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with BYOD Cert install on Android

nkingsbury
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been tasked with implementing a CWA with BYOD. Everything is almost working as expected except for BYOD on Android. I can connect and initiate the BYOD portal on the device, but when I get to the last section to download the Cisco Network Setup Assistant I have issues. I have opened up access to play.google.com, but when I click to download the tool, it spins for a few seconds than just connects me to the network. When I looked at registered devices, it shows my phone connected with no certificate.

My ISE Version is 2.3. My Native Supplicant Profile has the guest SSID selected and is set to use a certificate template issued by the internal CA. No proxy is configured.

Capture.PNG

That resource is then the result of the Client Provisioning Policy rule set.

Capture.PNG

which is then called in the policy set for any devices running the Android OS.

So, I am just trying to figure out why the CNSA is not installing and applying the cert to the device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

that doesn't explain why you're just being granted access, that's another issue like an incorrect policy or default setting, what did they have to say about that?

If you want to make it simple you can just allow all internet and only redirect on internal sites.

Or ask the user to download the app before they try to onboard.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Thanks for the reply Danny. I just got off the phone with TAC and they had the same answer. With google being so dynamic the only real solution is to keep up with all of their DNS entries.

that doesn't explain why you're just being granted access, that's another issue like an incorrect policy or default setting, what did they have to say about that?

If you want to make it simple you can just allow all internet and only redirect on internal sites.

Or ask the user to download the app before they try to onboard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: