cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latency in an ACS environment for replication

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Already asked this question related to ACS here. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/policy-and-access/latency-in-an-acs-environment-for-replication/m-p/3787392

What is the maximum acceptable latency between various ACS nodes for replication traffic ?

Eg. For ISE it is 300 ms

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your right it doesn't seem to be documented but speaking with some of our ACS vintage gurus :) they say from experience it would be less then 200ms

Absolute maximum is 250ms

hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the maximum acceptable latency between various ACS nodes for replication traffic ?

I scoured documents and deployment guides because I saw your other post, I can't find it documented publicly. If it's like older versions of ISE, then it's less than 200 ms.

From past customer deployments that I have migrated off of, there were some nodes with 250 ms rtt to the primary. No issues in either of those two fringe cases, relatively large 5k+ NAD deployments too.

Maybe someone in the BU knows and can fill us in.

Thanks Damien for taking a look at it. 

I also couldn't find any document related to this.

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your right it doesn't seem to be documented but speaking with some of our ACS vintage gurus :) they say from experience it would be less then 200ms

Absolute maximum is 250ms

hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: