cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Location based data access

tclausen1
Level 1
Level 1

New to ISE and I'm specifically interested in capability mentioned in a video, but Google results aren't helping.  Can someone tell me what features of ISE allow denial of access to a class of documents when a user is in a particular location or connected via VPN, which they would otherwise have access to while in the office?  Is there a term for this type of control?

Many Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That’s what ise does inherently, you setup authorization rules that allow or deny access to certain resources in your network

Example if at locationX Switch then return certain authorization with ACLs be it IP acl or SGACL using SGT

I suggest you start with videos here to learn more about ISE
http://youtube.com/CiscoISE

Location based services with MSE aaa you said is not relevant to your ask. And this is old integration

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

"The purpose is to allow or deny access to wireless device based on their physical location."  Sorry, but this isn't what I'm describing.

One of Cisco's ISE videos dramatizes that "there is a policy that doesn't allow financial documents to be accessed from that country" while a user was traveling.  I'd like to understand what technology allows that control.  If it's what you've linked, I am missing where that is part of the capability.

Thanks.

That’s what ise does inherently, you setup authorization rules that allow or deny access to certain resources in your network

Example if at locationX Switch then return certain authorization with ACLs be it IP acl or SGACL using SGT

I suggest you start with videos here to learn more about ISE
http://youtube.com/CiscoISE

Location based services with MSE aaa you said is not relevant to your ask. And this is old integration
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: