cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating CISCO ACS 4.2 to CISCO ISE 2.2 doubts

mguccione
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all, I need to migrate a cisco ACS 4.2 Server to CISCO ISE 2.2.

I will do a fresh Cisco Ise 2.2 Installation instead doing the migration procedure.

I have some questions:

1 - Actually the ACS only authenticate wireless users througth WLC - So how can I replicate that in Cisco ISE?  (I need te procedure and policies if any)

Later I will ask more doubts.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I would turn up Test SSID for secure wireless that points to ISE and validate that you can replicate the rules they have in ACS.  Once you have validated ISE is authenticating the Test SSID correctly point the production SSID to ISE.  If there are issues you can always point the production SSID back to ACS.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I would turn up Test SSID for secure wireless that points to ISE and validate that you can replicate the rules they have in ACS.  Once you have validated ISE is authenticating the Test SSID correctly point the production SSID to ISE.  If there are issues you can always point the production SSID back to ACS.

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACS 4.2 uses group based policies. You might have to create policies in ISE for authorization for e.g.: if you are using Network device groups, AD groups etc.

Other than that please try out as Paul mentioned above.

For ISE configuration with WLC, please use ISE Design & Integration Guides for reference.

Thanks

Krishnan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: