Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing NetworkAccess UseCase in ISE 2.3

rovargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I used to use "Network Access:UseCase EQUALS Guest Flow" as the selection criteria to choose Captive Portal authentication in the Policy section. With ISE 2.3 I see no UseCase option anymore...

Is this a expected behaviour? What is the best alternative?

Regards

Roman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct.  I did not catch earlier from mobile device that intent was to use this at Policy Set level.  USE_CASE GuestFlow is primarily to match authorization condition, i.e. there is a reauthorization situation where user has just completed successful web auth event.   It may have worked in prior model but that was not purpose and need to keep the policy set level for things that are accessible at a higher level in RADIUS conversation.

Craig

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Make sure you remove any dictionary filters (no icon selected in library) to display all attributes.  You can then enter keywords to find network access attributes.

is that post upgrade?

try to use the 'Editor'  to find the attribute.

Hi

It is a fresh install of the FCS code.

I see no UseCase option (with no filters). In fact the only options available are the ones bellow...

UseCase.PNG

Your screenshot looks like from the conditions studio for authentication policy rules. If that is the case, it's expected not having NA.UseCase, as such attribute will not work correctly during authentication evaluation.

In fact, my intention is to use "Network Access:UseCase EQUALS Guest Flow" as the selection criteria to choose Captive Portal authentication in the Policy section, as I have been doing from the first ISE version that supported Policy Sets many years ago...

ISE 2.3 (where I cannot use "Network Access:UseCase EQUALS Guest Flow"):

ISE23 PolicySet.PNG

ISE 2.2 (and previous) were I could use "Network Access:UseCase EQUALS Guest Flow"):

ISE22 PolicySet.PNG

Any other alternative?

Thanks

The attribute has been removed as a fix for CSCvc98033 and ISE 2.3 is the only shipping release with this fix.

It's not common to use such attributes for authentications as they would only work for re-auth of an existing session and their existence causes confusion to customers.

I do not see any workaround other than for you to re-design the policy sets and moving that inside of an policy set and under authorization.

I agree with Hsing. The session is not considered a guest flow until after authentication. This means you would have the same session using two different policy sets. This document has a good description for how that use case is intended to be used: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/110031/central-web-authentication-cwa-guests-ise This is another page with a similar description: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200273-Configure-ISE-Guest-Temporary-and-Perman.html

Correct.  I did not catch earlier from mobile device that intent was to use this at Policy Set level.  USE_CASE GuestFlow is primarily to match authorization condition, i.e. there is a reauthorization situation where user has just completed successful web auth event.   It may have worked in prior model but that was not purpose and need to keep the policy set level for things that are accessible at a higher level in RADIUS conversation.

Craig

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Along the topic of this thread, am I correct in understanding that "Guest Flow" attribute is set for the RADIUS session when ISE detects the endpoint (ie the user on the endpoint) has authenticated via the CWA portal?

So on first access, user is redirected. They authenticate and then the flag is set and a CoA issued for that session. Upon re-authorization the flag is detected and appropriate access is granted.

Essentially that is correct.

I faced the same problem.

How did you solve this?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: