cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MobileIron Dictionary Attributes Supported in ISE

Gordon McKay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a Partner running an ISE PoV with a customer. This is a potential displacement of ForeScout. They also use MobileIron MDM. The partner has successfully connected the MDM to ISE. The problem is that they do not see all the Dictionary Attributes that would like to. Specifically, the most important attribute missing is Device Owner, which they currently use with ForeScout to differentiate corporate devices from employee owned.

Is the set of variables supported determined by the MobileIron development team (as I suspect), or is it our call?

I know there are other ways of achieving differentiated in ISE for mobile devices, but the customer woukld prefer, if possible, to continue doing it with this dictionary attribute. I suspect this is not possible. Could someone confirm please?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From what I understand is the vendor sends us whatever negotiated. We don’t have controls in the UI over this and would need to be investigated why if it’s by design or a feature request on either side to include these 

http://cs.co/ise-guides > MobileIron says

Please consult with the partner for their documentation about how to integrate with ISE.

We have not changed our APIs for MDM vendors – they all use the same ISE API. Please follow the MobileIron integration instructions for that vendors application.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From what I understand is the vendor sends us whatever negotiated. We don’t have controls in the UI over this and would need to be investigated why if it’s by design or a feature request on either side to include these 

http://cs.co/ise-guides > MobileIron says

Please consult with the partner for their documentation about how to integrate with ISE.

We have not changed our APIs for MDM vendors – they all use the same ISE API. Please follow the MobileIron integration instructions for that vendors application.

Thanks Jason.

As a follow-on, and I'm sure the answer to this is no, but could Custom Attributes be a way round this?

I think not because as you say, they defined for each MDM by the API, but the Partner did ask....

Yes unlikely. I will ask the SMEs to take a look

this is being worked internally as a feature enhancement

Is there any timeline for this feature to be added? Big issue for us moving from forescout to ISE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: