Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple independent WLCs to one Guest Portal

vivekkupekar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ISE Experts,

I am planning to setup guest wi-fi with Cisco ISE.

I have two sites with below WLC details:

1. Site 1 is a datacenter running with two Primary WLCs in active/standby mode. This site has two more WLCs as a backup in same active/standby mode (Secondary). All the access points (expect few) are pointing towards Primary pair of WLC and fallback to Secondary pair of WLC.

Question 1 - Can we integrate all 4 WLCs with Cisco ISE? I think answer should be yes.

2. Site 2 has many users with 2 WLCs in active/standby mode. There are around 10 APs connected to this WLCs. Neither WLC nor APs have any integration with datacenter.

Question 2 - Can we integrate these WLCs with ISE to use same guest portal which will be used in data center.

Cheers.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

You have many options with ISE in this regards.  You can integrate all the WLCs with ISE.  You have to make sure all the guests users can get to the ISE nodes to access the guest portal.  So you have to ensure routing, DNS resolution, firewalling, etc. are all in place to allow your guests to access the guest portal running on the PSNs.   You can setup:

1. Single guest experience across all the WLCs.
  2. Different guest experience depending on which datacenter/WLC the guest is attaching to.
  3. Different guest experience depending on which AP the guest is attaching to.

Like I said many options here.  As long as everyone and all network devices can talk to ISE you can pretty much setup whatever you want.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paul
Level 10
Level 10

You have many options with ISE in this regards.  You can integrate all the WLCs with ISE.  You have to make sure all the guests users can get to the ISE nodes to access the guest portal.  So you have to ensure routing, DNS resolution, firewalling, etc. are all in place to allow your guests to access the guest portal running on the PSNs.   You can setup:

1. Single guest experience across all the WLCs.
  2. Different guest experience depending on which datacenter/WLC the guest is attaching to.
  3. Different guest experience depending on which AP the guest is attaching to.

Like I said many options here.  As long as everyone and all network devices can talk to ISE you can pretty much setup whatever you want.

Thanks Paul and Venkata! This was helpful.