Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM 4.7 TLS 1.2 ISE 2.6

aniiyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

A customer of mine is doing validation testing for ISE 2.6 and came across FN 70357. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/703/fn70357.html

Based on this, it is clear that TLS 1.2 support is not available in ISE 2.6. When will a patch for this support be made available? My customer is currently using NAM 4.7 and clearly this will be an issue. Who can I work with to get a discussion going on this? 

Anirudh 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This bug is fixed in all 2.x versions of ISE if you are running the most recent patches. And in 2.6, it's fixed from release, but we still reccomend running patch 3.

View solution in original post

as discussed offline please open a defect, it appears it should be removed from 2.6 and its a leftover

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This bug is fixed in all 2.x versions of ISE if you are running the most recent patches. And in 2.6, it's fixed from release, but we still reccomend running patch 3.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
How is it clear that 2.6 doesn’t support this?

Thanks for the responses gentlemen.

OK. I should have been more specific by not stating "No ISE support for TLS 1.2" but "The ISE implementation of EAP-FAST does not support key generation in TLS 1.2.". However, here's where I came to that conclusion from. The way I read that is only for release 2.4 patch 5 and later. There was no mention of ISE 2.6. To me, and customers, it is confusing. Also, why is it mentioned on the 2.6 release notes if it is no longer an issue in release 2.6? 

NAM TLS 1.2 Incomp Warning.png

as discussed offline please open a defect, it appears it should be removed from 2.6 and its a leftover
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: