Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to use ISE DHCP for my VPN users

I have several groups of people using my VPN. They all go to different areas of my network. I want to assign them different DHCP scopes on ISE for their login (right now, anyconnect cannot get beyond a RADIUS acceptance for the network but cannot get an IP address).

I have a couple of scopes built on ISE under DHCP & DNS services.

Please note, I do NOT want to allow any other devices to pick up ip addresses here.

I also have a microsoft DHCP server. I could go there but another engineer is forcing all the users into one tunnel group so ip helper wont work there (I don't think).

HELP!!!!

Thaks

Joe W

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Mike.Cifelli wrote:
Why not use the ASA/VPN box to locally distribute IPs accordingly? Or have you considered utilizing AD and specific attributes such as msRADIUSFramedIPAddress to issue IPs? Only issue with option two I think is that it would be a static non-dynamic IP at all times.

ISE DHCP Services is not a solution for this, its not scaled designed or tested for this use case. 

See this thread as well? 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/need-to-get-a-dhcp-address-from-a-internal-dhcp-server-for-my/m-p/4005349#M33120

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Why not use the ASA/VPN box to locally distribute IPs accordingly? Or have you considered utilizing AD and specific attributes such as msRADIUSFramedIPAddress to issue IPs? Only issue with option two I think is that it would be a static non-dynamic IP at all times.

Sorry, none of the devices are on AD. they are ALL external users who do not have our AD attributes.

I have tried to use the ASA/VPN Box. I defined all of the scopes (12) and pointed the local-groups to them however I still get nothing.

@Mike.Cifelli wrote:

ISE DHCP Services is not a solution for this, its not scaled designed or tested for this use case. 

See this thread as well? 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/need-to-get-a-dhcp-address-from-a-internal-dhcp-server-for-my/m-p/4005349#M33120

Can ISE dhcp network-scop fulfill this requirement?