cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pxGrid Scalability

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Performance and Scale document as well as the individual ISE version documentation, the only pxGrid scale measurement is the amount of subscribers a node supports (node size and deployment method).  I interpret a pxGrid subscriber to be an ISE Node, Stealthwatch, Firepower, Infoblox, DXL etc.  Should I be concerned about query or publish rates with a large number of Active and Passive authentications?  Will the numbers change with pxGrid v2 and ISE becoming a subscriber?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Sam,

Stealthwatch, Firepower, McAfee DXL, all use pxGrid 1.0.  The customer should really have pxGrid dedicated nodes. Since this is pxGrid 1.0, you can only have 2 pxGrid nodes per ISE deployment.  This would be an active/standby scenario.

Please email me directly, i would like to get more information on your customer's deployment.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Please verify this slides http://cs.co/BRKSEC-3432

Maximum dedicated pxGrid node is 4 & maximum subscribers per pxGrid node are 200.

-Aravind

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the reply.  I have seen that document as well. My original question was "Are the number of subscribers the only measurable to consider in sizing a pxGrid deployment?"  If I have 400,000 users (across 4 3695 PSN), and three subscribers (Firepower, Stealthwatch and DXL).  We only a small amount of subscribers but a large number of users do I just care about the number of subscribers connecting to the pxGRid node?

Yes, only subscribers have to be considered for pxgrid scaling.

If you have only 3 subscribers I guess you can run pxgrid on the PAN node itself but not tested on this one.

-Aravind

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Sam,

Stealthwatch, Firepower, McAfee DXL, all use pxGrid 1.0.  The customer should really have pxGrid dedicated nodes. Since this is pxGrid 1.0, you can only have 2 pxGrid nodes per ISE deployment.  This would be an active/standby scenario.

Please email me directly, i would like to get more information on your customer's deployment.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com