cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

ISE 2.3 Patch 7 has been posted. This will be the last patch for the ISE 2.3 release!
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

pxGrid Scalability

In the Performance and Scale document as well as the individual ISE version documentation, the only pxGrid scale measurement is the amount of subscribers a node supports (node size and deployment method).  I interpret a pxGrid subscriber to be an ISE Node, Stealthwatch, Firepower, Infoblox, DXL etc.  Should I be concerned about query or publish rates with a large number of Active and Passive authentications?  Will the numbers change with pxGrid v2 and ISE becoming a subscriber?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: pxGrid Scalability

Hey Sam,

Stealthwatch, Firepower, McAfee DXL, all use pxGrid 1.0.  The customer should really have pxGrid dedicated nodes. Since this is pxGrid 1.0, you can only have 2 pxGrid nodes per ISE deployment.  This would be an active/standby scenario.

Please email me directly, i would like to get more information on your customer's deployment.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

4 REPLIES 4

Please verify this slides http://cs.co/BRKSEC-3432

Maximum dedicated pxGrid node is 4 & maximum subscribers per pxGrid node are 200.

-Aravind
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the reply.  I have seen that document as well. My original question was "Are the number of subscribers the only measurable to consider in sizing a pxGrid deployment?"  If I have 400,000 users (across 4 3695 PSN), and three subscribers (Firepower, Stealthwatch and DXL).  We only a small amount of subscribers but a large number of users do I just care about the number of subscribers connecting to the pxGRid node?

Yes, only subscribers have to be considered for pxgrid scaling.

If you have only 3 subscribers I guess you can run pxgrid on the PAN node itself but not tested on this one.

-Aravind
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hey Sam,

Stealthwatch, Firepower, McAfee DXL, all use pxGrid 1.0.  The customer should really have pxGrid dedicated nodes. Since this is pxGrid 1.0, you can only have 2 pxGrid nodes per ISE deployment.  This would be an active/standby scenario.

Please email me directly, i would like to get more information on your customer's deployment.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com