cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Suggested Release" for Identity Services Engine (ISE) 2.6

Me808
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any idea when the ISE 2.6 will be tagged/marked as the "Suggested Release" for all customers?

@yshchory 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It's a bit like predicting the weather, we won't know for sure until it happens. I can almost guarantee that you won't get a firm date from anyone here because the public forum is not used to discuss futures. Giving you at least something to look at, it took ten months for 2.4 to move to the suggested release status, 2.6 has been publicly available for six.

If there is a feature you require only found in 2.6, I would evaluate it then move. If you're running in production and don't require features beyond what 2.4 offers, I would either move to 2.4, or stay on it. If I was starting a new POC today, I would strongly consider testing on 2.6.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It's a bit like predicting the weather, we won't know for sure until it happens. I can almost guarantee that you won't get a firm date from anyone here because the public forum is not used to discuss futures. Giving you at least something to look at, it took ten months for 2.4 to move to the suggested release status, 2.6 has been publicly available for six.

If there is a feature you require only found in 2.6, I would evaluate it then move. If you're running in production and don't require features beyond what 2.4 offers, I would either move to 2.4, or stay on it. If I was starting a new POC today, I would strongly consider testing on 2.6.

exactly. I have asked the PM to look at this thread but it would just be speculation when its going to be supported. Likely late fall  or early winter but can't make that call, thanks @Damien Miller