Views
Helpful
Replies

RADIUS Accounting logs for command level accounting on Juniper devices

Anand Kanani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Is it possible to see command level accounting logs via RADIUS on ISE for Juniper routers?

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos13.2/topics/task/configuration/radius-accounting-configuring.html

I know that Cisco supports command accounting only via TACACS.

Regards

Anand

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anand,

My comments were based on some searches I did for Juniper and ISE integration which points out the need for the dictionaries to be added.  IMO it is worth a try.

Use Cisco ISE for RADIUS Authentication with Juniper Junos Devices — REDELIJKHEID

How-To: Configure Juniper EX Series switches and C... - J-Net Community

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

pcarco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Upload of the Juniper dictionary if not already there would be required also.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the developer, We should log RADIUs accounting messages, whether they are for Network Access or Command Accounting, but they won’t get special handling like TACACS+ command accounting will.

Thanks Jason

I thought so that we get the messages. The customer says he is not able to see the messages. Can you pls check with the developer what is the right place to see those messages. Also someone told about the dictionary part; can you pls elaborate what is that?

i dont think updating the dictionaries will help in receiving accounting messages but will allow paul to elloborate

FYI, RADIUS accounting log is:

Operations/Reports/ISE Reports/Endpoints and Users/RADIUS Accounting

Hi Jason, can you pls buzz Paul to respond? Thanks!

Hi Anand,

My comments were based on some searches I did for Juniper and ISE integration which points out the need for the dictionaries to be added.  IMO it is worth a try.

Use Cisco ISE for RADIUS Authentication with Juniper Junos Devices — REDELIJKHEID

How-To: Configure Juniper EX Series switches and C... - J-Net Community

Thanks Paul. Will try it out.