Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rebuild the SNS 3515 with 2.3 version.

Folks,

We have to work on a rebuild the SNS 3515 by installing the 2.3 version from the existing 2.4 version. This is a new install and the devices got shipped with the 2.4 version.

We went through some documentation in the below link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-3/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide23/b_ise_InstallationGuide23_chapter_010.html

Below questions:

1. Now, the question I have is should we first configure the CIMC port? If yes, how? We are having a tough time getting the F8 option and then getting the options on the console.

2. What is the use for the KVM console then? Is that console going to give us the boot options after the CIMC is configured?

Regards,

N!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep - VGA and USB is the safest option.  If you get "no signal" on your monitor then press a key on the keyboard to wake up the display.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

It's a bit of a lengthy explanation and it's all well documented.

You have two ways to manage a UCS server (SNS-3xxx)

Real Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM)

• Plug monitor into VGA port and keyboard/mouse in USB ports.  Insert ISE 2.3 bootable .iso on USB into a free USB port
  • Press F8 when you see the prompt - this will allow you to select the USB as boot option

Via CIMC (virtual KVM)

• Open browser to the CIMC and login
  • Depending on the version of CIMC you can launch virtual KVM - Java version is painful but hopefully you have CIMC 3.0.4 :) - needs no Java (the older versions of CIMC needed some pretty ancient version of JRE)
  • Open the virtual KVM - then go through the menus to mount the media (.iso file) that is on your PC connected to the CIMC
  • Once the media is mounted, reboot the server and then press the F8 - there are menu options in the CIMC to send special characters like CTRL-ALT-DEL etc in case your browser dialogue is not working too well.  

Hi Arne,

I think I now understand where I was making a mess :)

Let me plug in a real KVM to the ports as you have mentioned and then try this out.

Here are the ports where I would plug the KVM:

KVM.JPG

Thanks!!

N.

Yep - VGA and USB is the safest option.  If you get "no signal" on your monitor then press a key on the keyboard to wake up the display.

the solutions provided have helped. :-)

Thanks a ton!! We have our CIMC part up and running now. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: