cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rename ISE Admin Account

kevink707
Level 1
Level 1

Can the ISE CLI account "admin" be renamed?

Internal scanners checking for default passwords keep locking out the admin account.  Any reason the admin account can't be renamed so the scanner no longer hits it?  (Yes, I have created a secondary accounts so I don't get completely locked out).

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

It's like any CLI username where you need to remove admin account and create a new one like you did.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

paul
Level 10
Level 10

You can just disabled the account lockout.  In the Admin Access section of the GUI you can disable lockout.  I go over this with customers on every install where they want to use admin as the backdoor account.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

It's like any CLI username where you need to remove admin account and create a new one like you did.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

paul
Level 10
Level 10

You can just disabled the account lockout.  In the Admin Access section of the GUI you can disable lockout.  I go over this with customers on every install where they want to use admin as the backdoor account.