Views
Helpful
Replies

smart license .. Add Eval ??

ggriesse@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all

I have a customer who was on and Eval of Classic licenses (Base+Plus and Apex)..

the network team just switched to Smart as they they have entitlement to BASE via Cisco one subscriptions

HOWEVER the security team was were mid steam in testing some of the posture and Profiling features ..

The Switch to Smart has obviously killed the Classic 'EVAL" ... for Plus and Apex .. :-(

How best can i get Eval back for Plus and Apex , i guess ill have to get this "eval" loaded up on the customers SMART account ??

/Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

*  You can't have both 'classical' EVAL And Smart License EVAL on the same deployment . IIUC, you have already registered ISE to Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM).

* Potential choices:

1.  "Disable" the smart license from ISE itself which would automatically take ISE to classical (traditional PAK based) license mode.

2.  Purchase the required number of licenses as per your business requirement.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about generating a license yourself?

Under the partner Community there is a link

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-69701

Hi Jason

So this is what i had done in the past using the Internal tools , HOWEVER now customer is on SMART licensing and ISE it registered as so ..

Or can i mix SMART and "classic" licenses for the Eval ??

I have forwarded along to our licensing PM, pjatapro

*  You can't have both 'classical' EVAL And Smart License EVAL on the same deployment . IIUC, you have already registered ISE to Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM).

* Potential choices:

1.  "Disable" the smart license from ISE itself which would automatically take ISE to classical (traditional PAK based) license mode.

2.  Purchase the required number of licenses as per your business requirement.