cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
VIP Advocate

Smart Licensing - Compliance is 'Released Entitlement' - what does this mean?

The compliance column shows Released Entitlement for certain license types I just added.

Just checking with the experts in the Community about what does 'Released Entitlement' mean .. is it that I am currently not consuming any licenses of this type, but that I am able to do so?

ISE 2.3 patch 1

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Smart Licensing - Compliance is 'Released Entitlement' - what does this mean?

Explanation from Cisco is the following.

If you're not using the licenses and the count is 0, then that's what causes this.  Once you have users on the system causing the license count to be >0 then it would say in compliance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Smart Licensing - Compliance is 'Released Entitlement' - what does this mean?

It seems the smart agent released the entitlements on the the licensing types. One case I found is due to the Cisco Smart Licensing portal showing a different serial number from the one of the customer's setup. It's remediated by:

Go to Smart Software Licensing

Go to Inventory>> Product Instance

At the Right Pane, there is an Action button. Click it and choose remove.

After that, go to the device again with correct SN and add the same token you created

If that not helping, please engage Cisco Licensing team.

Highlighted
VIP Advocate

thanks.  We have never changed the serial number of this deployment because the VM's have not been rebuilt since we installed ISE 2.3 on them.  Smart Licensing was enabled months after we built the new VMs.

I will give this a try in another (lab) environment to see whether the workaround applies.

Highlighted
Beginner

Explanation from Cisco is the following.

If you're not using the licenses and the count is 0, then that's what causes this.  Once you have users on the system causing the license count to be >0 then it would say in compliance.

View solution in original post