cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP v2 configuration for Identity Service Engine (ISE)

bmak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure SNMPv2 on my ISE nodes which are currently on version 2.3.0 and I have some questions

On going through the Cisco documentation, I came across something called "engineID",

used in command > snmp-server engineID <engineID>.

1. I will please like to know what the engineID is, if it is generated from my polling unit or if I have to give it a value by myself. 

2. Is it possible to configure specific traps (for example; when the ise node goes down)  to be sent to the polling unit from the Ise nodes, in the cisco docs traps configuration for diskspace is only what is talked about

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

The engineID is randomly generated by the software.  I don't know anyone or any application that makes use of this.  But then again I have never looked into it too deeply.

ISE only sends a single SNMP trap - it's the disk threshold trap.  Give it a value of 20 and that will mean when there is only 20% free disk space then ISE will send an SNMP trap every 5 minutes (if my memory serves me well).

When the ISE application starts then it also sends a link up. But that is hardly useful at all. You cannot configure any other traps other than the disk threshold.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

The engineID is randomly generated by the software.  I don't know anyone or any application that makes use of this.  But then again I have never looked into it too deeply.

ISE only sends a single SNMP trap - it's the disk threshold trap.  Give it a value of 20 and that will mean when there is only 20% free disk space then ISE will send an SNMP trap every 5 minutes (if my memory serves me well).

When the ISE application starts then it also sends a link up. But that is hardly useful at all. You cannot configure any other traps other than the disk threshold.

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: