cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Solution for Change of VLAN for wired Guests using Smart Port Macros

nved
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Several customers have been asking us to implement Change of VLAN for wired guests. Till date we have discouraged customers from implementing this capability from ISE as it is difficult/impossible to implement by sending a VLAN in Radius Authorization due to the issues with renewing IP Address for MAB authentication.

We have developed a solution based on Smart Port Macros and have tested this in our lab.  The attached ppt provides details of the this solution and associated configuration in ISE and switch.

The solution was validated in our lab running ISE 2.1 patch 2 and 3650 running 3.7.5

1 Reply 1

Louis Gonzales
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a good way to disable the built-in triggers/macros because when I enable SmartPorts it breaks my working config since it overrides my access and voice vlans among other settings. I'm currently running ISE 2.2.0.470 patched through #8 on a 3850 running on 16.3.5b

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: