Views
Helpful
Replies

Source for ISE Performance &Scale

yuna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

Does anyone please advise me about the values in the DOC-68347(ISE Performance & Scale)?

My customer asked me about the values of PEAP (MSCHAPv2) auth/sec in ISE 2.3 RADIUS Performance.

Is it theoretical value of software/hardware of SNS or values verified by internal tests?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Yuma,

Understand your concern. This is based on our internal validation and not a theoretical value.

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Yuma,

Understand your concern. This is based on our internal validation and not a theoretical value.

Thanks

Krishnan

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Krishnan is correct.  We certainly do validate performance and scale across the different appliances.  I recently raised the gap in missing MAB results and hope to have updates for those soon for ISE 2.4 (usually in the hundreds of auths/sec per PSN).  We perform testing to understand max values BEFORE any drops or excessive resource utilization for a given feature or method for a given platform.  We separately test scale and performance of an entire configuration which matches supported deployment models for multiple services on multiple nodes.  Other perf/scale testing is done, but most fall into the category of individual feature versus overall deployment scale.

Another factor to consider is negative inputs.  In most production deployments a node is running EAP authentication (possibly for multiple protocols) for a wide range of client types.  Often the noise (bad auth inputs) can be extremely high and will have a significant impact on positive auth rate.