Views
Helpful
Replies

Specify Folder on ISE FTP Server Setting

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have an FTP server that is shared. I want to use the same FTP server to automatically backup WLC config into a folder named WLC. Can ISE do this? Because when I add the FTP server only IP address is added and ISE saves it on the root folder. And then when I tried to add the path into the IP address on ISE, it says the naming for the server is not right.

Cheers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From my lab below

The FTP server is a Windows IIS server running FTP (192.168.0.103)  - and the published folder in IIS is shown below. 

The Menu path you mentioned looks like it comes from  Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and not from ISE.  In ISE you configure your FTP server under Administration > System > Maintenance > Repository

And remember that if you are using SFTP, then you have to issue one CLI command on each ISE node - crypto add host ..

ftp-ise.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Yes you can add an absolute path folder into ISE.  The default is /   but if you try the possible combinations of your FTP server folder structure then you'll get it.

e.g.

/home/ftp/WLC

or

/WLC

- it depends on how the FTP server is setup.  if the username has an associated home directory, and if you dump the user in that directory, then the absolute path may vary.

Hi Arne,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried adding the "/WLC" and "/WLC/", but got rejected. The path was "Administration / Servers / TFTP/FTP/SFTP Servers". Was I on the wrong page? Below is the error notification.

Fail Change Destination Folder.PNG

From my lab below

The FTP server is a Windows IIS server running FTP (192.168.0.103)  - and the published folder in IIS is shown below. 

The Menu path you mentioned looks like it comes from  Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and not from ISE.  In ISE you configure your FTP server under Administration > System > Maintenance > Repository

And remember that if you are using SFTP, then you have to issue one CLI command on each ISE node - crypto add host ..

ftp-ise.PNG

Hi Arne,

Sorry my bad. I don't know why I always mixed up between Cisco PI and ISE. I always meant Cisco PI, not ISE, but somehow my brain got mixed up between the two.

Thanks for the input though. At least now I know ISE can select the the folder path on the FTP server. Hahaha.

Will post the thread in PI subforum. Thank you.

Hi. I know this is a old post, but I've got same issue.

When I change browser from Firefox to Chrome, this issue was gone

Br Kasper

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: