cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSD Option for SNS-3695

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SNS-3695 is built with 8x 600 GB 10k hard drives, and for a PSN I feel that is fine. Has there been any thought put in to offering an option to replace these drives with SSD's?  The primary use case I have in mind is for the monitoring nodes. 

Since it is not possible right now when ordering, is there a possibility of field replacing the HDDs with SSDs, understanding that there would be RMA implications?   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You should be discussing this with ISE-PM team or in the security partner community where the PMs sometimes roam :) since it is a feature request. Us TMEs don't get involved with that too much

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I wouldn't recommend this on an appliance : 1) Even if some has slightly modified the standard disk driver from the underlying OS, you will probably get into trouble. 2) More important ; the product is no longer certified on modified hardware configurations.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

That's why I'm raising the question if it has been considered, support can be added if it becomes a tested configuration or orderable.
Cisco's own super MnT testing numbers on a 2.4 3595 w/ 256 GB of memory demonstrated that the real performance gains are had with SSD storage, and not the just the memory increase.

It's extremely hard to get customers to buy in to 256 GB VM's with 24,000 MHz reservations.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You should be discussing this with ISE-PM team or in the security partner community where the PMs sometimes roam :) since it is a feature request. Us TMEs don't get involved with that too much
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: