cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack Member Reload when Applying IBNS 2.0

paul
Level 10
Level 10

Does anyone know a bug on stackable switches that explains a stack member reload when applying IBNS 2.0 template.  I have seen it over the past year and a half on 3850s, but saw it tonight on 9300s. IOS versions are all over the board.

Our template starts out like this:

authentication convert-to new-style

device-tracking upgrade-cli

lldp run
access-session attributes filter-list list Def_Acct_List
cdp
lldp
dhcp
http
access-session attributes filter-list list Def_Auth_List
vlan-id
access-session accounting attributes filter-spec include list Def_Acct_List
access-session authentication attributes filter-spec include list Def_Auth_List

The issue almost always happens after the "access-session attributes filter-list list Def_Acct_List" command.  I haven't tested enough to see if it is a delayed reaction to the new style conversion of the access-session attributes command is causing it.

It is usually switch two in the stack that reloads. 

I will probably end up opening a TAC case, but wanted to see if this was a known bug.  I am thinking it is an order thing.  Like maybe I should lay down the IBNS 2.0 template first, turn on device sensor then turn on access-session accounting last.

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I haven't been using IBNS 2 much outside of labs, but any chance you're applying cts role based enforcement? I've had some unintended reloads with that command.

Nope no TrustSec in the initial template.

Hi Paul

Have you had any luck with the TAC, I currently having the same issue on a 8 switch 2960x stacked deployment. after deploying the IBNS 2 configure to the switch it became so sensitive that any changes i make to the switch there will be one or 2 stack members that reboot. 

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: