cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Register for the monthly ISE Webinars to learn about ISE configuration and deployment.
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
VIP Engager

Stack Member Reload when Applying IBNS 2.0

Does anyone know a bug on stackable switches that explains a stack member reload when applying IBNS 2.0 template.  I have seen it over the past year and a half on 3850s, but saw it tonight on 9300s. IOS versions are all over the board.

Our template starts out like this:

authentication convert-to new-style

device-tracking upgrade-cli

lldp run
access-session attributes filter-list list Def_Acct_List
cdp
lldp
dhcp
http
access-session attributes filter-list list Def_Auth_List
vlan-id
access-session accounting attributes filter-spec include list Def_Acct_List
access-session authentication attributes filter-spec include list Def_Auth_List

The issue almost always happens after the "access-session attributes filter-list list Def_Acct_List" command.  I haven't tested enough to see if it is a delayed reaction to the new style conversion of the access-session attributes command is causing it.

It is usually switch two in the stack that reloads. 

I will probably end up opening a TAC case, but wanted to see if this was a known bug.  I am thinking it is an order thing.  Like maybe I should lay down the IBNS 2.0 template first, turn on device sensor then turn on access-session accounting last.

2 REPLIES 2
VIP Advocate

Re: Stack Member Reload when Applying IBNS 2.0

I haven't been using IBNS 2 much outside of labs, but any chance you're applying cts role based enforcement? I've had some unintended reloads with that command.
Highlighted
VIP Engager

Re: Stack Member Reload when Applying IBNS 2.0

Nope no TrustSec in the initial template.