Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for ISE 2.2 access switch Cisco Catalyst 2950 24 Switch

Hi.

I would like to know if it is possible to implement ISE 2.2 on a WS-C2950G-48-EI,
because it does not appear in the compatibility matrix of the respective version.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/compatibility/ise_sdt.html#24274

Regards.

Nicolas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@NicolasJoseDominguez8530 

Just a note on the wording - you wouldn't implement ISE on a Cisco switch. I suppose what you meant to ask is whether ISE can be used as the RADIUS/TACACS+ server for this switch type. And the answer is always yes. Why 'always yes'? Because RADIUS has existed even when modems were in use -remember those days?  It's such an old standard, that every vendor supports it really well. Each vendor does something specific here and there, but ISE is a standards compliant RADIUS server that can communicate with any device that talks RFC2865 (for Authentication) and RFC2866 (for Acct). If your amazing Cisco switch doesn't support this standard then get a refund and buy something else. Jokes aside - that is not going to happen. TACACS+ was invented by Cisco. It works with every Cisco switch/router ever made.

If I misunderstood your question then please rephrase.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@NicolasJoseDominguez8530 

Just a note on the wording - you wouldn't implement ISE on a Cisco switch. I suppose what you meant to ask is whether ISE can be used as the RADIUS/TACACS+ server for this switch type. And the answer is always yes. Why 'always yes'? Because RADIUS has existed even when modems were in use -remember those days?  It's such an old standard, that every vendor supports it really well. Each vendor does something specific here and there, but ISE is a standards compliant RADIUS server that can communicate with any device that talks RFC2865 (for Authentication) and RFC2866 (for Acct). If your amazing Cisco switch doesn't support this standard then get a refund and buy something else. Jokes aside - that is not going to happen. TACACS+ was invented by Cisco. It works with every Cisco switch/router ever made.

If I misunderstood your question then please rephrase.