Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for ISE 2.2 access switch Cisco Catalyst 2950 24 Switch

Hi.

I would like to know if it is possible to implement ISE 2.2 on a WS-C2950G-48-EI,
because it does not appear in the compatibility matrix of the respective version.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/compatibility/ise_sdt.html#24274

Regards.

Nicolas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@NicolasJoseDominguez8530 

Just a note on the wording - you wouldn't implement ISE on a Cisco switch. I suppose what you meant to ask is whether ISE can be used as the RADIUS/TACACS+ server for this switch type. And the answer is always yes. Why 'always yes'? Because RADIUS has existed even when modems were in use -remember those days?  It's such an old standard, that every vendor supports it really well. Each vendor does something specific here and there, but ISE is a standards compliant RADIUS server that can communicate with any device that talks RFC2865 (for Authentication) and RFC2866 (for Acct). If your amazing Cisco switch doesn't support this standard then get a refund and buy something else. Jokes aside - that is not going to happen. TACACS+ was invented by Cisco. It works with every Cisco switch/router ever made.

If I misunderstood your question then please rephrase.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@NicolasJoseDominguez8530 

Just a note on the wording - you wouldn't implement ISE on a Cisco switch. I suppose what you meant to ask is whether ISE can be used as the RADIUS/TACACS+ server for this switch type. And the answer is always yes. Why 'always yes'? Because RADIUS has existed even when modems were in use -remember those days?  It's such an old standard, that every vendor supports it really well. Each vendor does something specific here and there, but ISE is a standards compliant RADIUS server that can communicate with any device that talks RFC2865 (for Authentication) and RFC2866 (for Acct). If your amazing Cisco switch doesn't support this standard then get a refund and buy something else. Jokes aside - that is not going to happen. TACACS+ was invented by Cisco. It works with every Cisco switch/router ever made.

If I misunderstood your question then please rephrase.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: