Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch to endpoint 802.1AE MACsec in MACOS X

rodefrei
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team.

Please forgive me if this is not the correct list I should be sending this message to.

One of our strategic customers in Brazil is very interested in doing downlink MACSec towards the endpoint (switch-to-user)

The challenge is that they are a strategic Apple customer and will be implementing hundreds of Macbooks over the months.

AFAIK we do not have 802.1ae encryption supported on AnyConnect NAM for Mac OS.

I am struggling to find documentation on how to address the requirements on the supplicant-side in Mac OS - if this is even possible.

This would be a huge differentiator in the access layer discussions as they have complete buildings with 3850 :)

I appreciate any ideas/recommendations/suggestions (including other mailing lists / contacts).

Kind Regards,

Rogério Freitas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this is not possible today. Please give the feedbacks to Apple as this really relies more on the client side.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this is not possible today. Please give the feedbacks to Apple as this really relies more on the client side.

Thank you Hslai!!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: