Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS AAA for Nexus IOS on ISE 2.3

Hie Team

I need help on creating both the policy sets and policy elements on ISE 2.3 for tacacs AAA on Nexus Switches. I can only manage those for the CISCO OS and they are working fine but i cant seem to come across proper information on how to do it for NexusOS as my knowhow in this field is a bit shallow. I kindly need assistance in the step by step configuration on this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't have to treat the Nexus switches any differently than other Cisco devices if you don't want to.  The have privilege level roles built in by default now just like any Cisco device.  If you pass back privilege 15 to go to the # prompt directly they will honor that.  I usually just set them up as standard Cisco devices with command authorization.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Thank you. Does this work the same on ISE 2.3 as i have read that 2.3 comes with profile option specifically for NEXUS which i have to use?

You don't have to treat the Nexus switches any differently than other Cisco devices if you don't want to.  The have privilege level roles built in by default now just like any Cisco device.  If you pass back privilege 15 to go to the # prompt directly they will honor that.  I usually just set them up as standard Cisco devices with command authorization.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: