Views
Helpful
Replies

Third-party/Vendor remote access

Tori_Ok.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in need of suggestions on current solutions that can be deployed to provide secure third-party remote network access. Some of our vendors need to connect via the internet to servers and equipment they have provided (for monitoring & management). We currently have an RA-VPN through our ASA5516. However, I'm not sure it is a good idea to give vendors VPN access.

Anyone with experience on this kindly let me know what enterprises typically use for third-party remote access?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
I've found it's quite common to provide 3rd parties access to a network using Remote Access VPN. I normally restrict access with ACL/DACL to limit access only to the resources they need access to. You can also use posture to confirm the presence of AV/FW etc.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,
I've found it's quite common to provide 3rd parties access to a network using Remote Access VPN. I normally restrict access with ACL/DACL to limit access only to the resources they need access to. You can also use posture to confirm the presence of AV/FW etc.

HTH
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: